Thursday, June 25, 2009

I have never been to college: Katrina Kaif


Katrina Kaif was honest in admitting that she was highly bullied by her New York co-stars Neil Mukesh and John Abraham while shooting for the film.


We had to take her word especially after witnessing how John and Neil won’t leave a single stone unturned to crack jokes on her even while she spoke to us on her forthcoming film New York. Katrina Kaif got candid with Renuka Vyavahare on her film New York, John Abraham and last but not the least Salman Khan.


You play Maya in New York

Maya is an American of an Indian origin who goes to college in New York and loves her college life. She has two good friends and that pretty much sums up her life. I was very awkward on the first day of the shoot as it was not like shooting for ‘Singh is King’ or ‘Partner’ where you have dancers behind you. I felt very close to my character Maya, its an amazing journey and I want tot thank Adi and Kabir for trusting me and giving me an opportunity to prove my talent.




You have never looked this young in your previous films!


It’s really nice to play your age some times. Normally I am all dolled up and glamorous in all my films so it was good to be natural and be me for a change in New York. My co-stars too are young so that helped as all of us had something to prove and so gave our best shot. Interesting thing is because I started working very early in life, I have never been to college in my life so doing the film made me realize how it would have been like to go to a college.




Have your link-up rumours with John affected the rapport you both share with each other?


Everyone’s name has been thrown around in the press. John, Neil, its ridiculous and a bunch of silliness. It’s frustrating sometimes but nothing has changed between John and I post New York. We are comfortable with each other. If you pay attention to these things you are going to get bogged down and lose attention. You wont be able to enjoy anything.




What are your expectations from New York?


For me the film matters the most as I have thrown in a lot of hard work and passion into it. When I saw the film I myself was taken aback by it and I felt Kabir has made a film with Indian emotions, Indian sentiments but in an English story telling style, like how the American films are made and told. New York is not a social message film or an educational film, it’s a commercial film which the audiences will enjoy.




Has Salman seen the film?


No he hasn’t but will be nice if he sees it.




You think with New York you have finally arrived in Bollywood?


It’s too premature to say that. All depends on what the audiences think as their verdict is my test.




Source: IndiaTimes

No comments:

Post a Comment